Preparing the Property
FIRST IMPRESSIONS ARE VITAL.
Many items that may be done to prepare the property for marketing and showing cost comparatively little, and yet may dramatically enhance market response and value. However, from basic cleaning to full staging, anything that appears likely to add more value in achieved sales price than it costs is worth consideration. Your home has just one chance to make a great first impression with each potential buyer.
- Show the home in its absolute best possible light.
- Maximize response from the buyer and broker communities.
- Differentiate from competitive properties.
- Attain the highest possible sales price.
STAGING THE PROPERTY.
Is Staging worth it? Regardless of current market conditions, it has been shown consistently that a well-prepared home will sell for a higher market price and in less time than unprepared properties. Here are some statistics from a 2015 study conducted by the National Association of Realtors®.
- Among Realtors® who typically represent the buyer, 49% report most buyers are affected by home staging and 47% report some buyers are affected by home staging.
- 81% of buyers said it’s easier to visualize the property as a future home, 46% of buyers are more willing to walk through a home they viewed online, and 28% of buyers are more willing to overlook other property faults.
- 32% of buyers’ agents believe staged homes increases the dollar value buyers are willing to offer by 1-5%. 16% believe it increases the dollar value buyers are willing to offer by 6-10%.
- 37% of sellers’ agents believe staged homes increases the dollar value buyers are willing to offer by 1-5%. 22% believe it increases the dollar value buyers are willing to offer by 6-10%.
Even a conservative 1% return on investment on a $1m property translates to a $10,000 gross gain. I (and many other agents) believe that staging means more money in your pocket.
"Preparing your property to show is not a matter of taste, but of Strategy - how to make you more money on its sale"
Most prospective buyers and agents will first see your home via its photographs on the Internet, as well as in more traditional marketing materials. Gorgeous photographs make an enormous difference in motivating both buyers and agents to come quickly to see your home in person. That’s why Paragon pays to have all its listings shot by a top-notch professional real estate photographer, and also why staging can make a big impact.
Working closely with a professional photographer allows us to show your home in its absolute best possible light and to exhibit those features – architectural detail, light, space, garden, neighborhood, views – that make it so special.
This helps create the sense of urgency that is key to our marketing plan, designed to sell your home for the best possible price.
Now that your home is ready, it's time to Market The Property →